What is the ECML ?
The ECML is both an institution with political objectives and an educational facility running a programme of activities.
As an institution, its objectives are to :
- help its 31 member states implement their language education policies;
- provide an international platform promoting innovation and good practice in learning and teaching modern languages;
- organise a programme of projects in the field of language education;
- maintain European networks of language education experts
As an educational facility, it offers:
- its premises (plenary room equipped for interpretation, groupwork rooms, documentation and resource centre, a good coffee machine…);
- the assistance of an educational team with long experience of running international activities;
- an administrative infrastructure dealing with participants' travel and accommodation;
- dissemination possibilities through its interactive website and on-line publication of documents and reports
As a trainee with us, you would work alongside the Centre's international team of eight full-time staff members in our modern premises in the historic city of Graz and contribute to the ECML's success.