Duration of the traineeship: 6 months (from September to February).
The trainee will be chosen from the applications received by 31 March.
Qualifications and skills required
- be graduate or postgraduate students;
- have very good knowledge of English or French which are the Council of Europe working languages, and, if possible, a basic knowledge of German;
- be accurate and pay attention to detail, especially when dealing with figures;
- be interested in accounting and administrative tasks;
- be motivated and capable of working efficiently in a team and within the overall framework of the European Centre for Modern Languages.
Main tasks include:
- assistance in the further development of a relational 'Projects' database (linked to the existing mailing database);
- assistance in the implementation of Windream (Document Management Software), in particular development of a training guide ;
- processing of financial documentation;
- photocopying/scanning, classification according to budgetary article, registration of mailings, preparation of mailing to Strasbourg;
- corrections to the ECML mailing database (correcting/inputting of already existing information;
- entering of bank details into ECML database;
- preparation of workshop documentation relating to prepaid tickets, hotel reservation forms;
- preparation of reimbursement forms and assistance in registration of participants prior to workshops, network or expert meetings.
Trainees will also be involved in the preparation and organisation of the events organised within the framework of the ECML's programme of activities.
By the end of their stay, trainees will have gained:
- an insight into administrative work of an international organisation;
- experience in team work in an international, plurilingual and multicultural environment;
- an opportunity to develop their language skills by ideally using three working languages (English, French and German);